Foundations: Power Pivot and Power BI with Rob Collie
Two Days that Will Change Your Life (and Business!)
The world’s most effective BI toolset is also:
The most cost-effective – you probably already own it!
The quickest to learn – it’s built on tools you already know.
The best BY FAR – it will revolutionize your business in short order. We promise!
Two Days in our class and you are EMPOWERED!
- Taught by Rob Collie – PowerPivotPro Founder, Bestselling Author, and Consultant.
- Draws on his two decades of working with Excel and business users
- You don’t need to be an IT professional – most of our students come from an Excel background.
- “Zero to sixty” on Power Pivot, Power BI, and Power Query
- Not just the “hard” skills, but also the “soft” stuff (when and why to use it, how to get the best results for your organization, etc.)
- Full-color copy of our 2nd edition book (plus eBook version)
- Spiral-bound reference cards
- Thumbdrive with all class materials and future exercises
Level Up Series: Advanced DAX
Introducing our Level Up Series! The first class in the series is our highly anticipated Advanced Power Pivot & Power BI DAX Course.
- Students are encouraged to take Rob Collie’s Foundations course and have hands on experience with the DAX language.
- Co-Taught by Austin Senseman and Kellan Danielson – PowerPivotPro Partners and Principal Consultants.
- Austin and Kellan will draw on usage of Advanced DAX applications while consulting with hundreds of international firms.
- Advanced Level DAX distilled into easy to understand patterns to apply to your most difficult business challenges.
- “Take with you” downloadable Advanced DAX Power Pivot and Power BI Workbook Examples
Foundations Course Locations
Level Up Series: Advanced DAX
Power Pivot is a technology full of surprises: while still perceived as “Brand New,” in reality it reflects 15+ years of ongoing development at Microsoft. Armed with that industrial-strength depth, you will conquer an unlimited spectrum of analytical, reporting, and modeling needs.
The next surprise, however, is even better: A remarkable simplicity underlies all of that power. In fact, the most useful capabilities are conveniently the most learnable.
In this two-day training, we filter our years of Power Pivot education, writing, and consulting experience down to that set – the things anyone can learn AND retain in a short period of time, while simultaneously building a confident foundation for future learning. Together you will take a 100% human and pragmatic approach. We bring the technology’s power to you, not vice versa.
But that down to earth approach, geared toward absolute beginners, will give you analytical superpowers. This learning strategy is built on four pillars:
Fundamentals – short and simple, these fit onto a single 6-step flowchart (provided).
Patterns – “recipes” that you can easily follow and modify to solve business problems, without requiring PhD-level mastery.
Priorities – Focused on the capabilities that are most “bang for the buck.” Avoids topics that are too complex or too “niche.”
Examples – there is no reference guide quite like a working example that you can revisit when needed. Each student takes home dozens of such examples in workbook form.
Intensive users of Excel, particularly those responsible for reporting and analysis.
Business leaders who need to mine their data for actionable insight – using existing resources and on short deadlines.
Organizations looking to leverage Microsoft’s groundbreaking Power BI offerings.
Business Intelligence and Database professionals looking to increase their professional agility and dramatically expand their capabilities.
Note: Persons with Database, BI, Programming, or similar experience are quite qualified to take this course, even if lacking in Excel experience
Light usage of Excel PivotTables (or similar data analysis tools).
Familiarity with Excel functions like SUMIF and VLOOKUP are a plus.
A passion for acquiring Data Superpowers.
What should I bring into the event?
Please bring a laptop with PowerPivot or PowerBI loaded on your machine.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email [email protected] for any questions you may have.
What’s the refund policy?
If you cancel your registration:
- 21 days or more prior to the first date of training: 100% refund of registration fees
- 7-21 days prior to the first date of training: 50% refund of registration fees or credit for future class
- 7 days or fewer prior to the first day of purchased training: forfeiture of 100% of payment
Additionally, PowerPivotPro reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to reschedule for a future course date or to receive a full refund of registration fees.
PowerPIvotPro is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is cancelled.
If a training course is cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer is entitled to reschedule for a future training course.
* Group discounts available to 3+ students.