Raw Data By P3
Dr. Wayne Winston
Professor Emeritus of Decision Sciences at The Kelley School of Business at Indiana UniversityListen Now:
Every guest on Raw Data By P3 has been top-notch, but we haven’t yet had a Doctor on…until now! Dr. Wayne Winston is Professor Emeritus of Decision Sciences at the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University, he’s won numerous teaching awards, is a prolific writer, has consulted the NBA’s New York Knicks and the Dallas Mavericks, and he’s a 2 time Jeopardy winner! He’s a highly entertaining and intelligent guest and we’re honored to present this episode of Raw Data By P3 with Dr. Wayne Winston!
- 2:00 – Wayne’s history and impressive pedigree
- 3:16 – Wayne makes a bold statement about a famous former student
- 4:41 – JRR Tolkien comes up in a random and interesting way
- 8:26 – The Jeff Sagarin connection
- 9:49 – Some great forecasting stories
- 13:33 – Random events and coincidence that lead you to where you are now
- 17:40 – The word is finally mentioned…Excel! And the subsequent Excel discussion
- 25:07 – Tenure process in a University, and how academics are rated
- 34:16 – Wayne’s trips to Microsoft, and how he affected the Excel team
- 39:22 – Wayne’s amazing new book-Analytics Stories: Using Data to Make Good Things Happen
- 45:24 – Does High School math need a revamping?
- 50:54 – Bitcoin-Is it legitimate?
- 55:10 – The Gender Gap in STEM Fields
- 1:06:04 – Excel VS Python
- 1:18:07 – Analytics In Sports
- 1:28:13 – The Election and Politics, and a prediction!